Make your own free website on Tripod.com

Our TNT fund-raising letter for the Columbia Triathlon

18 February 2003

 

Dear Family and Friends, 

In a recent development, almost more frightening than purchasing a house, Steve and I have signed up with The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s Team in Training to run an Olympic-distance triathlon and raise $4000 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society! OOH-RAH!

For many years, I only ran if something was chasing me. But now there’s something greater to run for: our 2½-year-old honorary teammate, Peyton from Baltimore. Peyton was diagnosed in Sept 2001 with AML (acute myelogenous leukemia).  She’s in remission now and doing very well. For her and the thousands of children like her, we’re in training to raise awareness and raise money.

The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s mission is to find a cure for blood-related cancers and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.  In addition to research, they develop family support groups and advocacy programs. Administrative costs are covered by 25% of their donations, with the remaining 75% going to research, patient services, advocacy and education. All donations are tax-deductible.

Many companies have a “matching contributions” program. If your employer does, please request a form from them and send it along with your donation. Checks should be made out to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. How much to donate? That's up to you. We encourage you to give as much as you can. Any donation at all will be welcome. Your cancelled check will be your receipt. Please send the Donor Pledge Form along with your donation in the enclosed envelope by Friday, March 14th.

Please help us make a difference in the lives of those stricken with blood-related cancers by remembering them in your prayers, donating to the cause, and encouraging others to do likewise.

Warm regards,

Steve & Laura Drexler

 

 

HOME TNT FAQ race photos   links